We know that The Division will have 2 free updates (Inscursion and Conflict) and 3 major expansions (Underground, Survival and Last Stand). We shared some detailed information about them before, if you remember.
The fist free update of The Division, Incursion, will be coming on April 12 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
Incursion is specially developed for squad play and if you are victorious, you will be rewarded with high-level loot. Also, this update will enable loot-trading, letting you trade items with your squatmates. The first incursion is titled Falcon Lost and offering you a completely new area: underground water-treatment facility that’s been turned into a stronghold for the Last Man Battalion.
Incursion update will also bring you the features listed below:
- New gear is a vital centerpiece of Incursions, which introduces four rare gear sets: Sentry’s Call, Striker’s Battle Gear, Path of the Nomad, and Technician’s Authority. Each set is meant to bolster a specific play style; Sentry’s Call promotes consistent precision, Striker’s Battle Gear is for assault-focused players, and so on. Finding and equipping four pieces from a single set unlocks a new, never-before-seen talent for your Agent, which the developers aren’t revealing yet.
- Agent level is still capped at 30, but your gear score can boost your abilities beyond your level, and are touted as a new way of leveling up for top-level players.
- Loot trading is now possible; if you get good loot, you can now drop it on the ground and make it available to other players in your group. In the Dark Zone, you can only drop loot inside the Dark Zone gate.
- Assignments are new tasks – killing 10 Cleaners, for example – that are meant as brief, optional side goals that update daily and can earn you Phoenix Credits, Division tech, and other rewards.
- Supply drops will periodically fall from the sky in the Dark Zone, giving you and other groups something to battle over. They’re also protected by tough enemies, but the loot doesn’t need to be extracted, as it’s uncontaminated, and can’t be stolen once acquired.
- When your Agent dies, you can now camera-follow your teammates, seeing what they see and offering tactical support.
- Falcon Lost has two difficulties: Hard mode, which is recommended for players whose gear score is equivalent to level 31; and challenge mode, which is even tougher. Also, there aren’t any checkpoints in Falcon Lost; if your team goes down, you’ll have to restart from the beginning. Additionally, you can replay Falcon Lost and other upcoming Incursions as many times as you want and still be rewarded with new loot.
- Enemies can now employ drones, aerial enemies that will be tricky to hit. You’ll also be pitted against an armored personnel carrier, which acts as a boss and is impervious to bullets, forcing you to find another way to deal with it.
The following free update, Conflict, will add a special incursion into New York's Columbus Circle and new Dark Zone features.