After 43 seconds of bloody floors, I guess you would like to have some more information about maps:
- Excavation: A modest-sized UAC mining outpost. Watch out for the rock grinder!
- Infernal: A mid-sized Hell map with both interior and exterior elements. Lots of platforms and chasms, along with teleporters.
- Chasm: This massive map takes you deep below the polar ice caps of Mars. A great place to play Freeze Tag.
- Disposal: This smaller map is the main waste processing facility for the UAC research and residential complexes. Unsurprisingly, it’s full of radioactive slime.
- Helix: This is where they experiment on demons and develop advanced weaponry. Which, naturally, makes it perfect for a quick round of Clan Arena.
- Perdition: Disjointed and sadistic, this ancient arena is populated by the agonized moans of unfortunate souls who have suffered within its realm.
- Sacrilegious: Set within a fracture of Hell, this map offers clear lines of sight. Move fast… or die faster.
- Heatwave: An industrial UAC facility with glistening halls that will soon be slicked with human (and demon) blood.
- Beneath: Before being beamed to Earth, the energies of Hell are harnessed in this symmetrical and cavernous location.
Thanks to Bethesda, we have more detailed information about the maps we mentioned above:
- Some maps include one- or two-way teleporters. Both humans and demons can use these, but weapon-fire can’t be teleported. (So don’t get cute and try to shoot rockets through a teleporter!)
- Need to leap to the top of a level? Look for a bounce pad. Both humans and demons can use these to quickly ascend to new heights.
- Like any good multiplayer map, you’ll find both explosive barrels and hazard canisters throughout. The former does exactly what you expect; the latter not only explodes but leaves behind hazardous slime – which, for a limited time, will continue to deliver damage to anyone unlucky enough to run through the glowing green muck.
- Speaking of green muck, some levels are surrounded by radioactive slime, which will harm humans. Fire will also deal damage to humans, as will energy/plasma (with the potential here for an instant kill, depending on the severity of the hazard). Demons are immune to all three of these hazards.
- And, as always, avoid lava and pits of death. Both are instant kills for humans and demons.
If you have ordered Wolfenstein: The New Order, you will be able to access to Doom closed beta which will start at 10 pm ET on March 31 and last until 11:59 pm ET on April 3. And then, our Doom journey will begin on May 13.